Sunday, January 13, 2008

layout of images

Here is a photo of plankton from the Exploratorium's Microscope Imaging Station. This photo was actually inserted second, after the sea urchin image, below.

Here I am trying the "copy image location" option after hitting ctrl+click on my imac, which replicates the infinitely easier right-click of a pc.
This is a sea urchin embryo cell division, from the Exploratorium.

I used the blogger tool to insert an image and used the image location rather than browse my computer for a file to upload. However, I don't like that I can't control, beyond left and right, where the photo is, which is why it wound up in the upper right corner. Hmmm, let me try sticking in another photo now, here.

Ha! Look where it wound up! Up at the top! So, you really have to plan your images in advance, since they'll show up in the reverse order, if you're doing more than one image.

In fact, the only way I got this library hub image to be farther down the page is by going into the html and cutting out the code for the picture, then inserting it farther down the page. When I initially uploaded it, it appeared at the top and it appears I can't put text next to it.

Hence it would appear to me that one should make a new post for every image. There must be some non-techie way around this......

No comments: